DIY beauty is great for anyone on a budget or whose schedule is just too busy for a trip to the spa. And just because you’re out of extra funds and extra time doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice the relaxation and indulgence of a spa treatment. Below are 50 treatments you can do in the peace and comfort of your own home.
Manicures and Pedicures
Learn how to do your own mani pedis, including French manicures and pedicures, here.
- DIY Manicure Tips: Get tips on correctly removing old polish, trimming nails, soaking hands and more.
- DIY Pedicure: Use Epson salt, a callus stone and your own homemade scrub mixture for a DIY pedicure.
- Do It Yourself Manicure: Marie Claire shares tips for giving yourself an impressive, inexpensive manicure at home.
- Your Nails: The At-Home Manicure: Learn how to treat cuticles, apply a base coat and more.
- Ten Steps to Give Yourself an At-Home Manicure: This easy guide shares tips for quickly drying nail polish.
- How to Do French Manicures: Watch this video series from Expert Village to learn how to give yourself a French manicure.
- Pedicure Spa: Treat yourself to a spa pedicure at home with this guide.
- DIY Pedicure: Learn how to shape, smooth and polish your toenails.
- Give yourself a perfect pedicure: Learn how to whip up your own homemade foot scrub for your pedicure.
- 10-Step Home Pedicure: This pedicure guide features at warm water soak.
From deep conditioning treatments to cutting your bangs, these DIY projects can save you a lot of money at the salon.
- Deep conditioner: Get a recipe for an avocado and mayonnaise conditioning treatment here.
- Easy Home Recipes for Natural Shampoo: Use vegetable oil for moisture and liquid Castile soap to cleanse.
- Aloe and Olive Oil Shampoo: This at-home spa treatment uses olive oil, aloe vera juice, dried flowers and liquid soap.
- Making your own homemade hair dye: Learn how to make your own natural dye here.
- DIY Salon-Style Blowouts: Watch this video to learn how to do your own blowout before a party.
- Celebrity Hair How-To: Holidays: Learn how to do your hair like celebrities Lindsay Price, Blake Lively and others.
- At-Home Hair Color to Look Like a Star: This slideshow and guide shares tips for doing your own hair color.
- Deep Conditioning: How to Feed Your Hair: Learn which products to use and the steps to take during a deep condition.
- Super Duper Deep Conditioning: All you need for this recipe is mayonnaise, olive oil and egg yolks.
- How to Trim Bangs: Trim your bangs in just 10 minutes when you follow this guide.
- How to do self massage: Livestrong.com’s guide to self-massage can relieve insomnia and tension headaches.
- Learn the art of self-massage: This guide shares tips for hand massages, rub downs and even a belly massage.
- Self Massage: Learn tricks for torso massage, feet massage, jaw massage and more.
Make your own aromatherapy candles and bath salts by checking out these guides.
- How to blend and use aromatherapy oils: Watch this Expert Village to get tips for combining oils.
- How to make aromatherapy bath salts: Make your own soothing bath when you read this guide.
- How to make aromatherapy jar candles: Instead of buying expensive candles, make your own aromatherapy spa candles here.
- What kind of aromatherapy do you need?: Learn how to pinpoint which aromatherapy you need and how to select the right scents.
This list features article that tell you how to put on makeup like a professional and how to make your own cosmetics.
- Backstage Beauty: Get tips for copying the runway beauty looks from New York, London, Milan and Paris.
- Make up recipes: Here you’ll find recipes for making foundation and lip color.
- Make Your Own Eco-Friendly Cosmetics: Watch this ThreadBanger video to learn how to make your own cosmetics and skincare products.
- Eye Openers: Read Cover Girl’s professional makeup tips for glamming up your eyes.
Get tips for waxing eyebrows and legs yourself here.
- How to wax your own legs: The Budget Fashionista gives suggestions for finding the right products and waxing your own legs.
- Waxing Eyebrows, the DIY at home instructions: Waxing your eyebrows can be tricky, so be sure to read this guide carefully before taking the plunge.
Give yourself a facial or make your own face mask with one of these recipes.
- Oily skin face mask: Whip up your own milk of magnesia face mask to reducing shine and spot treating blemishes.
- Sensitive Skin Oatmeal Mask: Learn to make an oatmeal-egg mask here.
- 10 Minutes to a Clean Face: Learn how to properly clean, exfoliate and moisturize your face.
- DIY Have a Steam Facial: Here you can get directions for setting up and enjoying a steam facial at home.
- Make your own homemade face mask: Find out which face masks are best for different skin types here.
- How to Make a Milk, Cucumber and Honey Mask: This yummy face mask makes your skin glow.
- The DIY Facial: Get tips for exfoliating, cleansing and massaging your skin.
- Homemade Skin Care Recipes: Face: Here you’ll find recipes and ingredients for face masks, including oatmeal, eggs and more.
For tips and recipes for exfoliating scrubs and more, turn to this list.
- Homemade exfoliating body scrub: This fun treatment is also good for minimizing stretch marks.
- Make Basic Bath Salts: Treat your whole body when you make these bath salts.
- Make your own exfoliating scrub: Scrub off dead skin cells and dry skin with your own homemade exfoliating scrub.
- Seaweed wrap: This lengthy article has lots of tips for giving yourself an at-home spa weekend, including making your own seaweed wrap.
Here you’ll find even more DIY spa treatments that are much less time consuming and less expensive than going to the salon.
- DIY Beauty: Find great recipes for egg masks, banana facial masks and more.
- The 10 Things You Need for Your Home Spa: Find out which books, guides and beauty products are the best to keep in stock at home.
- jammies: Wear these hydrating therapy socks for a cozy, at-home moisture treatment for your feet.
- Cucumber: Vegetable Drawer Beauty: This article shares all the ways cucumbers can be used for beauty treatments, including as an astringent and in a facial mask.
- Detox Home Spa: Detox spa trips are incredibly expensive, but this article tells you how to set up a detox system by yourself.
If you enjoyed this article, please bookmark it at del.icio.us »